Our client who are a Major Construction Organisation are looking for a Subcontract Buyer to join their growing team based in Royston. The role will be responsible for negotiating subcontract packages for major building projects across the UK, for services including groundwork's, steel works, M&E, brickwork and cladding.
We are ideally looking to speak with candidates who have experience within a subcontract buying position in the construction industry, that have a solid understanding of services required for building projects.
- Negotiate subcontract packages
- Develop relationships with current supply base, along with sourcing new suppliers
- Pre-construction involvement in design meetings, whilst conducting pre-start meetings with supply chain
- Post contract duties include setting up supply chains for subcontract packages
- Conduct all tendering activities for subcontract orders
- Compose tender lists and action all tendering requirements
- Engage in pre contract negotiations with suppliers
- Prepare contracts for supplier agreements
- Ensure pre-determined objectives are achieved
- Attend project meeting, representing procurement
- Build relationships with project teams
- Experience within subcontract buying within construction
- Strong understanding of services required for building projects
- Experienced within the construction industry
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established main contractor, who can provide real career progression opportunities. If you have the relevant experience, please submit your CV now.