Support and Testing Technician - AT3211
A new role has opened as a support and testing technician covering all bespoke in-house applications and reporting duties.
Would you like to become a Support and Testing Technician and get into the commercial world of work? If you have relevant experience in education or home projects (fixing your families technology!), previous work experience in being a Support and Testing Technician then apply for my role as a Support and Testing Technician now! Your role will be supporting the development team and ensuring their work is running and being built smoothly as they build customer facing websites for my clients growing eCommerce platform.
As the Support and Testing Technician these are some of the tasks you should expect to be dealing with.
• Handling tickets that come into our bespoke system or taking calls to support.
- Here you would be expected to investigate the issue to validate and confirm the problem. This may involve an extended investigation that could require you to interact with the end user in a number of ways (on the phone, screen sharing or physical visit). On verifying the steps needed to reproduce the issue you would assign the ticket to a developer for fixing. Depending upon the nature of the ticket you may be the one doing the fix!
• Creating Reports.
- Using the data query language T-SQL you will create stored procedures to get information out of the database to produce reports in our bespoke system.
• Testing new development or bug fixes before go live.
- Essentially you would be the gateway to new work or fixes being put into live production. You will test the work to breaking, putting yourself in the shoes of the end user to think through how they might interact with it and what they might do, feeding back to the developer your findings to assist in producing a useable end product that meets or exceeds the specification.
• Producing Documentation
- This might be training manuals or other such ancillary information that might support the release of new projects or support existing ones.
• Providing Training
- Here you may be required to hold training sessions to individuals or groups as necessary.
• Co-Ordinating releases
- Help to coordinate across multiple departments, releases that could impact on the operation of the business.
Essential for the Support and Testing Technician
• Familiar with the use of Windows PC, Office and Mozilla Firefox.
• An understanding of how websites function.
• An appreciation for computer networking.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Methodical, well organised and analytically minded.
• Desire to learn and improve own knowledge and understanding.
Desirable for the Support and Testing Technician
• Familiarity with T-SQL