Activity Tours Sales Consultant
Activity Tours Sales Consultant
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 dependent upon experience plus additional on-target earnings of £2,000 - £8,000.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Founded in 1965, Rayburn Tours is a successful tour operator specialising in world-wide educational tours for schools, concert tours for amateur music groups, ski tours for youth groups and sport tours for clubs, schools and universities. Our sister company, Venture Abroad, specialises in activity tours for schools and youth groups such as Scouting and Guiding.
We arrange a comprehensive package for the customer which includes travel, accommodation, full itinerary service, insurance, excursion leaflets, organisation of concert venues and appropriate publicity for all concert tours, maps and `in-the-field` study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide range of subjects for educational tours.
Rayburn Tours is a family-run business based in Derby and employs over 90 members of staff.
OUR VALUES & ETHOS
The Company operates within a culture of good family values, integrity and honesty. We value and strive to maintain fair and ethical dealings with our customers and understand and respect the faith they place in our organisation. Their satisfaction is our financial and motivational reward. The business has a clear purpose to expand its influence on more young people. It will achieve this by continual product development, improved customer communication and marketing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Consultant to join our Venture Abroad team. After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for selling tours to a variety of destinations. The main duties are:
• Taking enquiries from clients via telephone, e-mail, internet or in person.
• Advising clients of the best solutions to their requirements.
• Compiling profitable and attractive quotations for clients and ensuring regular contact is maintained throughout the process.
• Liaising with airlines, accommodation centres and other suppliers.
• Carrying out occasional sales visits/presentations to the Party Leader and/or group; these may include face-to-face meetings with leaders and parents` evenings.
• Researching and undertaking destination and accommodation inspection trips (in the UK and overseas) where appropriate.
• Assisting in developing tours to new destinations and occasionally accompanying groups on tour.
It is expected that the successful candidate will undertake client visits on some occasions. This will require flexibility as clients are located throughout the UK and visits may take place during evenings or at weekends.
There are fluctuations to the pattern of tours that we sell and operate and, consequently, there will be peak periods throughout the year when additional hours may need to be worked in order to complete the workload. We also operate an out-of-hours emergency telephone which is covered by staff on a rotational basis during the periods that our groups are on tour. All Sales Consultants take part in the Emergency Phone Rota, however, you are not be expected to have responsibility of this until full training has been completed.
There will be opportunities to travel to the destinations that we offer through inspection visits and familiarisation trips as well as accompanying groups as a courier or observer.
It is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday) based at our Head Office in Derby. The Company operates a Flexible Working Programme for all full-time staff which enables a choice of one of 4 bands to work per week between 08:00 - 18:00hrs. The start date is immediate and is therefore dependent upon the successful candidate`s notice period.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Essential Skills & Experience
• Experience of working in a sales environment
• Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Financial and commercial awareness
• Proven ability to hit set targets
• Full UK Driving licence
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of the travel industry
• An interest in travel
• Fluency in French, German, Spanish or Italian.
• A basic salary of £18,000 - £24,000 (dependent upon experience)
• A commission scheme based on individual sales (OTE £2,000 - £8,000)
• 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
• Cycle to Work, Childcare Voucher and Healthcare Cashback schemes.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be addressed to Katie Boyden and include a CV with a covering letter stating:
• Your current role and salary
• Where you saw this vacancy advertised
• Why you are a suitable candidate for this position.
Keywords: Sales Executive, Business Development, Business Developer, BDM, B2C, B2B, Sales Consultant, Outbound Sales, Sales Advisor, Salesperson, Educational Travel Advisor, Group Tours Travel Advisor, Specialist Travel Service Consultant, Travel Tours Consultant, Travel Consultant, Group Travel Consultant, School Travel Consultant, Sales, Sales Agent, Travel Advisor, Travel Sales, Travel Sales Executive.