Mechanical Engineer - Automotive
MECHANICAL ENGINEER - Automotive
Location - Banbury / Aylesbury / Newport Pagnell / Milton Keynes / Northampton / Bedford
Highly Competitive Salary + Bonus, Pension etc.
A market leading First Tier Automotive Supplier to some of the world’s foremost Vehicle Manufacturers are, due to a significant increase in business, now seeking an Additional MechanicalEngineer. They boast a team of specialists in Sales, Marketing and Engineering and products second to none in their field.
The ideal candidate will already have several years’ automotive experience and be keen to secure a role offering career development, travel, customer interaction and the opportunity to see their products clearly visible in some of the world’s most prestigious automotive marques.
- Lead the technical development of world class complex switch gear products for Automotive OEM from concept to production.
- Define requirements through close co-operation with customer design functions, interfacing suppliers and internal design and manufacturing functions.
- Work within small project teams which include a Program Manager, Software, Electrical and Quality engineers.
- Develop and negotiate specifications and product validation process.
- Ensure customer requirements are understood and clearly communicated to all areas of the business.
- Support regular face to face customer meetings/ technical reviews.
- Support regular video conferences with international design and manufacturing centres.
- Limited international travel required.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver continued customer satisfaction
- Support swift resolution of technical problems encountered during the full lifecycle of the products.
- Support customer technical enquiries through RFI and RFQ responses
· Previous automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience.
· Knowledge of switchgear or internal trim.
· Knowledge of plastic materials and injection moulding tooling.
· Proven problem-solving skills.
· Design for quality using FMEA, DFMEA and quality history tools.
· Knowledge of GD&T.
· Manage 2D and 3D CAD using Catia
· Knowledge of manufacturing/ assembly techniques.
· Appropriate Degree or qualified by experience.
· MS Office - particularly, Excel, Outlook, Word.
· Catia V5 or V6
· Methodical with an eye for detail.
· To complete assigned tasks on time to a high standard.
· Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
· Well planned & organised.
· Self-motivated with excellent communication and administration skills.
· Commercial acumen and results driven - able to see the big picture.
· Pro-active and able to confidently talk to internal/external stakeholders.
· The ability to work under pressure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world renowned and globally recognised company. The successful applicant will enjoy operating within the strength of an international organisation with the feel of a local business.
The Way Forward:
Should you wish to be considered for the above role of Automotive Mechanical Engineer, please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Gary Horwood, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
JOB REF 2592GH
Glen Callum Associates are leading automotive recruitment specialists for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.