UPS Applications Engineer
My client are a worldwide expert in the Power Protection industry, providing trusted critical applications to a wide variety of customers in different sectors such as industrial, offshore oil & gas, railway, petrochemical, wind farm and marine.
We are currently looking on behalf of our client for an Applications (Sales Support) Engineer based on the South Coast with an Electrical/Electronics background to work alongside the field sales team in the support and preparation of quotations and proposals for UPS, Power Supply, DC Rectifier and Battery Storage Systems.
The essential job function is the preparation and submission of tenders/quotations. This requires the sales support engineer to develop a strong product and applications knowledge which is used to develop winning bid solutions including the technical/commercial assessment and review of incoming enquiries & tender opportunities, liaison with the sales force/sales management, suppliers and customers to determine and establish fit for purpose solutions.
The role ultimately will require the development of a sound knowledge of power conversion systems, their operation and application. Whilst this position is not a direct customer facing role it is essential that the individual learns to engage effectively as part of a wider team to support the bidding effort and sales process
Key duties include:
• Develop own product and applications knowledge to specialist level.
• Develop knowledge and understanding of project delivery and service maintenance capabilities.
• Liaise and negotiate with key suppliers to ensure most competitive prices can be provided to the client’s customers.
• Provide detailed proposals / quotations in response to customer enquiries.
• Promoting the company its products and services to our customers as appropriate.
• Determine product solutions to help satisfy sales and margin targets.
• As part of bid team it is expected that the sales support engineer will develop a basic understanding and knowledge of the business’s other product lines in order to be able to prepare package solutions.
The right candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and lucrative company bonus scheme and benefits including pension and healthcare.