Regulatory Controls Officer
MotoNovo Finance is now seeking a Regulatory Controls Officer to join our Compliance Team.
MotoNovo Finance is a business that is achieving its vision for the future. Our ambitions for Point Of Sale motor finance are insightful, progressive and most importantly relevant to today’s market. Our product range is packed full of customer focused added value, backed up by service levels which are the envy of the industry.
As a MotoNovian you can enjoy a fantastic benefits package including; Competitive Pension (employer contribution of 10%), Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, 23 days holiday (rising to 25) plus your Birthday off and a Christmas Shopping day! We also offer Child Care Vouchers, discount finance rates and so many more benefits of being part of an Investors in People accredited, 'Best Companies’ business.
If you think we’d be a great match for you, please apply now by sending your CV.
All candidates must successfully complete a credit check prior to attending an interview.
We are committed to the achievement of equal opportunities.
To assist the Regulatory Controls Manager in the monitoring and review of Regulatory Risks, Risk Assessment, processes and departmental case handling. To provide recommendations to the business to ensure compliance with both current and forthcoming relevant regulatory requirements.
1. Undertake regulatory reviews of business processes and prepare relevant reports to the Regulatory Controls Manager on findings, providing recommendations on any remedial action, whilst working towards the annual regulatory risk monitoring plan.
2. Undertake compliance monitoring of phone calls where required and all relevant documentation and files. Identifying areas of non-compliance and training needs to management. Provide feedback and identify areas of concern to all relevant parties, referring more complex matters to the Regulatory Controls Manager.
3. Review business departmental records for compliance with regulatory requirements and company procedures, providing a report on the findings and recommendations on any remedial action to the Regulatory Controls Manager.
4. Maintain the company’s records on the relevant registers in compliance in line with company policy and procedures.
5. Provide relevant management information in a timely manner and look to identify trends, root causes and any systemic issues, and make recommendations to improve the customer journey and which always considers the concept of 'treating customers fairly’ in all matters.
6. Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of MotoNovo Finance products and services, providing accurate information and proactively promoting them where appropriate.
7. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to MotoNovo Finance products and services (e.g. ICOBS, CONC, Anti-Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.) as advised by Line Management.
8. Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
9. Treat customers fairly and aim to deliver fair customer outcomes in all of our day-to-day processes.
10. Work as part of a team - supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and throughout the business.
11. Recognise and recommend improvements to Company procedures to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
12. Ensure that all system based records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner (and ensure that data integrity is maintained at all times) as prescribed by regulatory, legislative and company procedures.
13. Continue to develop self and role by studying relevant training materials and product information and continually develop and improve product knowledge.
14. Provide management information as requested. Have a sound understanding of all systems used to enhance the business activities, ensuring these are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
15. Ensure that prompt and regular communication and support is maintained between all internal and external parties to ensure seamless and consistent service levels are maintained at all times, reporting exceptional matters to line management.
16. Regularly review and evaluate management information to maximise the performance of the department