Head of Planning
Head of Planning
I am currently supporting one of the countries fastest growing food manufacturing companies who are looking for a Head of Planning to join and develop their new team.
- Managing planning of repacking of bulk products.
- Manage short and medium term forecasts.
- Production planning and scheduling.
- Implement process improvement into the Supply Chain in order to hold stock at optimum levels, increase profitability and improve delivery to the customer.
- Leading a small team of Supply Chain Planning professionals.
- Introduce processes / strategies to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Manage and contribute to S&OP process, and demand management strategies.
- Contribute to the implementation of new forecasting, demand planning ERP and MRP tools.
- Ensures that a safe working environment exists for all employees within their team, applying the standards set out in the H&S policy.
- Responsible for generating models based on forecast information, daily / weekly production plans that optimise efficiency, minimise cost and satisfy customer demand.
- Lead improvements to all supply chain processes to optimise flow.
- Supply Chain Management within a FMCG or manufacturing business.
- Strategic supply chain planning expertise around - forecasting, S&OP and MRP within a manufacturing or FMCG business.
- Leadership experience with a proven track record of managing teams.
- The ability to support a business and department undergoing change and transformation.
- Strong level of IT literacy and /or familiarity with MRP, ERP, demand planning and forecasting tools.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and stakeholder engagement ability
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
If you feel you have what it takes please contact .
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.