Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for a highly reputable Nottingham based consultancy. £45 - 55k + package.
Your new company
A highly recognised multi-disciplinary consulting engineering practice that provides mechanical & electrical services to a wide range of clients and market sectors. They specialise in designing and integrating the full range of energy solutions into existing and new buildings.
The candidate should be a well-organised, proactive, flexible, driven, forward planner with the ability to deliver work to a high standard and to tight timescales. They should also be able to take on the ability to manage the mechanical engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team assisting on projects.
Your new role
- Acting as Project Leader on selected projects
- Attending principle meetings and making client presentations on selected projects
- Raise/promote the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team
- Develop the ability to become a point of contact for key clients
- Help generate repeat business through customer care of existing clients
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors
- You will be client facing and involved in all stages of the projects
- Working closely with others in a team environment to achieve a common goal
- Producing drawings and specifications
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree qualified - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards)/Candidates with HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered
- A minimum of 4 years' experience of design in building services, post qualification completion
- Client interaction
- Software design - Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap, Revit
- Knowledge of British and European Standards, Building Regulations documents etc.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- Professional Membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE
What you'll get in return
Salary £45,000, - £55,000 + Benefits
Company pension contribution
24 days holiday + 8 stats
Excellent opportunities for career progression
What you need to do now
For more information, please call Ben Fox on