Chartered Geo-Environmental Engineer
Job Title: Chartered Contaminated Land Engineer
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: £35K - £40K
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our team to work as part of the UK Ground Engineering Team. The purpose of the role is to provide technical expertise in the area of Geo-Environmental Engineering across a range of programmes & projects and for a range of clients. The individual should have an excellent technical understanding and solid experience in contaminated land projects, particularly in the context of planning and corporate due diligence. Strong contaminated land investigation expertise is essential.
The position would suit a dynamic individual that has experience of industry sector corporate due diligence contaminated land projects. The individual must be flexible in their approach and have the ability to work to tight deadlines. The individual must also be comfortable managing Contractors, laboratories and junior members of staff.
1. Provide technical expertise within the geo-environmental field
2. Plan, programme, co-ordinate and prepare reports for specific projects.
3. Negotiating with regulators and statutory consultees.
4. Preparing of cost estimates for projects.
5. Supporting more senior members of the team in proposal and bid writing.
6. Day to day management of junior staff on projects.
1. Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in relevant subject.
2. Must be Chartered (CEnv, CSci, CGeol or GEng).
3. Proven geo-environmental experience within a range of sectors including industry, defence and utilities.
4. A strong technical background in the investigation, remediation and validation of contaminated land, site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste soil classification, validation etc.
5. Strong knowledge of site investigation methods.
6. Good Project Management skills and commercial awareness.
7. Experienced level of decision making.
8. Strong communication skills - both verbal and written.
9. Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task. Must be able to meet tight time constraints, and willingness to work extended hours as required.
10. Full UK drivers licence is essential.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.