Field Installation and Service Engineer
Field Installation and Service Engineer x 2 required for regional roles in Essex and Norwich, Reporting into a regional service manager.
My client is a British company that designs, manufactures, sells and services a range of equipment that improves the lives, mobility and care of individuals. Key products include stair lifts, slings, hoists, and bathing chairs.
Salary £22,000 - £25,000 DOE + Overtime (plenty available at 1.5x or 2x) + call out
On call is £100 (standby regardless if called out or not) + O/T rate, on call is on a rota basis.
Standard working hours are M-F 8am-5pm
Occasional overnight stays may be required as part of the role (fully paid for etc) and also travel to areas outside of territory.
Holiday: 22days with the option to buy additional days, Loyalty increase after 3 and 5 years
Company pension scheme + other bens
Company vehicle provided
Purpose of the Role
- On-site visits to customers to carry out installation and/or maintenance of all the equipment sold by company.
- Maintaining company vehicle and van stock including condition, accuracy, and stock records
- Liaison with Area Managers regarding the information provided for installations
- To cover on call rota (out of hours) when required
- Work will be undertaken in various premises and settings including domestic homes, nursing and care homes, NHS and private hospitals.
- There may be a necessity to work flexible hours to suit either the client or the business needs.
- This role comes with a company van so a full, clean UK driving license is a key requirement for this role.
- Work within the team on a day to day basis performing all service tasks
- Ensure effective and timely coverage of your appointments and work within the requirements of each Service Level Agreement.
- Support the management and administration team to deal with escalated service issues quickly and effectively.
- Work as part of the Service Division to support development and implementation of technical solutions to support the company’s expansion and other initiatives.
- Will be required to participate in the provision of standby and on call service.
- Comply with all the requirements of the company staff handbook, vehicle handbook and the company code of conduct.
- Good knowledge of systems within our market to support business needs
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot problems with an analytical mind-set
- General understanding of office systems including Windows and the Office 365
- Proven track of experience as a Field Engineer resolving issues and carrying out complex system installations
- Stair lift experience is essential for the role
- Good communication and 'people skills’
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive, self-motivating disposition and an ability to use own initiative
- Able to plan, prioritise and work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Methodical approach to problems to provide solutions for the business with flexibility
- Innovative thinker who can turn customer requirements into workable solutions
- Work will be undertaken in various premises and work may be in any area of the UK.
- There will be a necessity to work flexible hours to suit either the client or the business needs.
Interviewing now for May / June starts
- Equipment Installation
- Field Installation
- Field Service Engineering
- Field Engineer