Qualified Teacher? Love sharing your experience and knowledge with young pupils? We are currently working with a wonderful Primary School in Leeds who are looking to appoint a new Reception Teacher on a permanent basis. This post will play a pivotal part in the schools teaching foundations and will be vital to the learning and development of the pupils for the remainder of their Early learning.
You will be expected to:
- Ensure continuity and progression in the delivery of the Reception Class.
- Make appropriate educational provision for children with SEN and those learning EAL with support from the SENCO.
- Attend Senior Management meetings and contribute to the school action plan.
- Co-ordinate EYFS for Nursery and Reception.
- Teach within the framework of present Reception policies, paying particular attention to Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity.
- Implement the learning policies and procedures with specific regard to Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
- Take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate learning experiences.
- Lead, attend and contribute to regular planning and staff meetings.
- Plan, organise and resource a classroom environment which will facilitate childrens autonomous, independent learning and enable children to maximise their full potential.
- Establish and maintain good partnerships with colleagues, parents and carers, outside agencies and children including good home-school links.
- Monitor childrens progress, keep meaningful records and evaluate performance through formative assessments in line with school policy.
- Be able to interpret assessment data and make appropriate recommendations to improve outcomes for children.
- Communicate and consult with parents and carers and with outside agencies, as necessary about childrens progress and attainment.
- Effect equal opportunities through meaningful classroom practice in order to achieve equality of outcome.
- Accept responsibility for an area of the Reception class development.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate resources and equipment, preparing the classroom indoors and outdoors and ensuring that it is safe, clean and tidy at the start and end of each session.
- Maintain a high standard of display in the classroom.
- Take up the opportunity for continuous professional development through self-directed reading, courses and in-service training.
- Support the aims and ethos of the school at all times, promoting these to parents and carers, and to colleagues, visitors and other professionals both in school and in the wider community.
- Set a good example in terms of punctuality, attendance, behaviour and dress, and to support the development of the Schools reputation and standing within the community.
The successful applicant for this role must have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A respect and fondness for children
- Excellent communication skills
- Good listening skills
- The capacity to learn quickly
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- Ability to work independently, as well as being able to work in a team
- A sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective
If you have proven experience and are keen to be considered for this post, please apply now and send your up to date CV and a member of the primary team will be in touch shortly.