Graduate/Band 5 Radiographer - Permanent
Job title: Graduate / Band 5 Radiographer
Salary: £21,909 - £28,462 ltd per hour depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Sunday, working until 8pm
Are you an experienced Radiographer looking to increase your skills? Are you bored of your current routine and wanting a new challenge? If you looking for a role that will really push you to your full potential and help expand your knowledge we may have the perfect opportunity.
As a Radiographer you will will rotate through areas in the main department, including general x-ray (including mobile and theatre radiography), the Interventional and Fluoroscopy Units and the CT scanners. You will perform imaging examinations and care for patients during these examinations, respecting the rights of privacy and confidentiality, and to evaluate the clinical quality of images produced.
Main duties will include:
- Accurately position patients in a wide range of positions for undertaking routine and complex imaging examinations. This will require highly developed physical skills for precise patient positioning and speed and adaptation of technique to coincide with patient's abilities.
- To select the appropriate radiation dose (exposure factors), taking into account the patient's condition (illness) and diagnostic requirement.
- To evaluate the clinical quality of images produced and to make appropriate protocol adjustments/recommendations in order to maximise the clinical accuracy for the imaging reports
- To accurately record data using the department examination database
- To ensure that high professional standards are maintained throughout the department, in terms of dress, technical quality and patient care.
- To have a flexible approach to working patterns in order to meet the continuing needs of the service.
- To adapt to different settings within the professional area.
- To apply sound clinical reasoning skills as the basis for making appropriate professional decisions and acting autonomously.
What we want from you:
- HCPC Registration
- Wide range of radiographic NHS experience gained as a student or previous posts
- BSc or Diploma in Radiography
- Able to demonstrate a sound clinical knowledge of radiographic procedures,
You will use your skills to work independently where you will be required to make rapid professional judgements using your scientific technical and patient care related knowledge. Please note, we have vacancies varying from a Graduate Radiorapher to an experience Band 5.
With a permanent role available, for further information please contact Josh Barnard on