Principal Transport Planner
Job Title: Principal Transport Planner
Salary: £37K - £41K
We specialise in providing specialist development planning advice to the development industry and pride ourselves on providing innovative and effective approaches to solving our clients' problems. We advise a wide range of clients comprising land owners, developers, house builders, 'blue chip' companies, leisure operators and public sector bodies.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity and are seeking an experienced candidate with a strong working knowledge of development transport planning and with proven project management skills. The successful candidate will offer a good record of managing and developing client relationships and extensive post-graduate industry experience.
As a Principal Consultant, you will take a leading role in managing the transport inputs to a number of development planning projects across the south-east, as well as assisting senior colleagues to deliver solutions on a number of strategic and exiting development opportunities.
1. Good all-round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from initial site appraisal through to the preparation of transport assessments;
2. Strong appreciation of traffic engineering solutions;
3. Sound numerical and technical analysis experience including relevant transport planning software e.g. JUNCTIONS 9, TRICS, TEMPRO and LINSIG;
4. Effective technical writing skills including the ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports, and an ability to communicate and present these to a range of audiences;
5. Thorough understanding of contemporary transport policy and guidance documents such as the NPPF, MfS and MfS2.
Qualifications & Skills:
1. Degree qualified in a relevant discipline;
2. Good understanding of the principles of transport planning;
3. Able to demonstrate good presentation and technical writing skills; and
4. Ability to manage their own time to meet project deadlines.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.