Employment Training Consultant
Employment and Training Consultant
Welfare to Work
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Employment and Training Consultant for a leading Welfare to Work company based in Sheffield.
This role is integral to supporting unemployed job seekers with a range of guidance and training services, contribute to individuals’ progression into employment, training and education.
You will work as part of a team to co-ordinate and deliver advice, guidance and training interventions that meet the needs of unemployed individuals; operate referral and liaison procedures with other agencies as required (i.e. JCP, local referral partners, colleges, employers, training providers and recruitment agencies) to support peoples’ achievement of skills (including certification) and progression to employment, training and education.
Establish and deliver both one to one and group activities as part of customer interventions including initial assessments, inductions, job search sessions, failed to attend sessions with customers.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience working within sales, customer service, welfare to work industry
- Ideally working in training, guidance, advice & counseling environments.
- Good knowledge of welfare to work and the customer base
- Good knowledge of training, education and employment opportunities
- Good knowledge of guidance and national standards
- The ability to work under pressure in a high performance environment
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work including willingness to travel, with occasional unsociable hours
- Self-motivation and self confidence
- Negotiation, ability to challenge
- Ability to work to Key performance indicators and challenging targets
- Time management and strong organisation skills
- Working vulnerable customer groups
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market, methods of recruitment and awareness of growth industries
If you have the skills to impress, please email your CV to us today.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.