Senior Procurement Manager
The Procurement division of the SF Group is currently working with a Logistics company based in Leicestershire who are recruiting a Senior Procurement Manager reporting directing to the Regional Director of Purchasing.
As the Senior Procurement Manager you will suggest and implement dynamic purchasing strategies, as well as the following duties:
- Purchase materials and services
- Actively manage 3 direct reports
- Generate and maintain procurement records
- Develop and implement local and global strategies
- Ensure continuous improvement in the supplier base, including supplier development and relationship building. You will also visit and audit suppliers in terms of risk assessments and supply continuity
- Ensure that cost saving methods are implemented across all sector responsibility
- Special projects when required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar senior role, including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree relating to purchasing
- Actively studying towards or qualified in a National Purchasing Management Association or similar
- Good communication and excellent negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience of freight forwarding and shipments (desirable)
This is a permanent position paying £55,000 - 58,000 P/A depending on experience.
Travel may be required in this role, across the UK and into EMEA countries.