Accounts Assistant role based in Woburn near Milton Keynes. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to build a career in Accounts and join an emerging company assisting in the development of our in-house finance function. Looking for someone with base accounts acknowledge of Sage Line 50, nominal ledger and VAT returns
Exciting Accounts Assistant role for this leading Hospitality and catering company who have grown organically and the Finance Manager is looking for a right hand person to work with the finance administrator but also assist with accounting further down the line. A relaxed and family feel company that offers the right individual an ideal working environment to progress, learn and enjoy coming to work
The successful Accounts Assistant will have responsibilities including:
- Processing of purchase invoices and credit notes.
- Managing the Weekly receipts and documentation received from the pubs
- Assisting the Finance Manager with 2 weekly and monthly payroll
- Matching Purchase invoices.
- Prioritise and set up supplier payments.
- Dealing with supplier queries and first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Other ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
Our Ideal Accounts Assistant will have:
- Previous experience/knowledge of Accounts.
- Experience with accounting software such as Sage Line 50 is essential
- Good general knowledge of small Limited company reporting, corporation tax, income tax, VAT, PAYE and payroll regulations
- Be able to prioritise your workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Great flexibility with dynamic working on offer and a great opportunity to progress with consistent pay rises