Shift Team Leader
Shift Team Leader
4 on 4 off 12hr shifts
Brand New Processing Facility (Power Recovery)
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the brand new processing Facility, managing a shift team and day operations staff. Initially working on day shifts you will be required to work rotating shift patterns that includes weekends and public holidays. You will also provide shift rota cover as required to ensure continuous operation of the Energy Recovery Facility.
You will report directly to the Operations and Maintenance Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include: -
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permits
- Operate / monitor plant from the SCADA system, operate plant and equipment as required by the operational demands of the facility
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and produce clear, concise reports.
- Be able to implement emergency procedures and instructions calmly and effectively in pressure situations
- Supervise and deploy manpower as appropriate to ensure cost effective, safe and efficient operation of all activities on site within all operational procedures and also in emergency situations
- Provide technical supervision and assistance where necessary for Company and contract staff engaged in work at the Facility
- Provide effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Provide effective administration and application of Safety, Health and Environmental policies
- To be aware of and work within the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems
- Liaise with other Company staff as required to provide efficient work scheduling and planning to ensure minimum turnaround times during plant outages
- Carry out other reasonable tasks and duties as requested by management
- Provide out of hours support by telephone and/or attend site at short notice to cover absences and ensure continuous operation of the facility
- Assist and advise with plant improvements and modifications
- You will be working a 4 on 4 off 12hr shift pattern (2 days 7am - 7pm / 2 nights 7pm - 7am) then 4 days off. This happens for 7 weeks, you then have two weeks of mon-fri days - and then start on the 4 on 4 off again.
- An experienced Engineer / Technician ideally having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training.
- HNC/ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification
- Knowledge of Environmental Compliance and Regulatory requirements
- Experience of running a Permit to Work System
- Strong knowledge of Safe Systems of Work
Ability / Experience
- Broad experience gained through shift working in a continuous process industry, with a background in engineering / Operations
- Ability to lead an operations shift team to ensure adherence with procedures and effective utilisation of staff
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift
- Management or supervisory experience preferred
Please apply online and send your CV. Tom will be in touch to discuss your application and the position in more detail. If there are more suitable times in the day you are available to contact, please advise in your application.