Pattern Shop Manager
Hours per week:
(If specifics unknown, provide estimate or minimum hours expected)
Full time, variable shifts, flexibility required
Overview of the role:
Our client, a leading supplier to the Power, Nuclear, Defence and general engineering sectors; have an opening for an experienced Pattern Shop Manager to join their long-established company and add value to their team.
You will be required to oversee the production of high quality patterns for the efficient and reliable production of precision castings with the ability to manage a small but capable team.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
• Supervision of in-house manufacture of small patterns, method changes and repairs
• Determination of pattern design, machining allowance, taper, contraction allowance etc.
• Placing subcontract orders for larger patterns
• Providing coaching and supervision to a small but dedicated team
• Dimensional inspection of new patterns and first off castings
• Management of pattern storage and movement
• Drawing control
Skills and experience required:
• Must have relevant experience in the use of a variety of woodworking machines, patternmaking and advanced joinery skills
• CAD experience would be desirable
• Highly organised with an exceptional eye for detail
• Excellent work ethic, able to work proactively
• Able to utilise Microsoft office i.e. word and excel
What our client can offer:
Our client offers excellent rates of pay, job security and a great place to work