Principal Transport Planner Modeller
Job Title: Principal Transport Planner
Salary: £38K - £45K
About the role:
We are seeking to recruit a Principal Transport Consultant to join our Transportation team in Guildford. As a Principal Consultant, you will manage your project team and be responsible for delivering Local Model Validation Report, Forecasting Report and developing and delivering economic assessments for all options including a preferred option. You will have experience in developing assignment (SATURN) models for base and forecast years and operational assessment models. You will be conversant with WebTAG, SATURN and experience with other macro and micro simulation models. Good technical report writing skills are a pre-requisite to this role.
A typical week would include:
1. Working on Road Investment Strategy Schemes Stage 2 ensuring a high personal technical involvement and client interface;
2. Liaison with inter-face teams; Highways and Bridges and Environment;
3. Hands on project management, including managing delivery in line with timescales, quality standards, financial reporting and staff utilisation etc.;
4. Participating in wider technical skills development and business development environment;
5. Managing and building relationships with key clients, capitalising on and enhancing existing contacts;
6. Supervising and training junior staff within the team;
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.