Operations Manager - Digital Media
Operations Manager keenly sought for this successful and expanding digital media company.
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of our organisations mission. Specifically support better management reporting, information flow and management, business processes and organisation planning.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
• Play a significant role in long term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
• Oversee overall finance management, planning, systems and controls.
• Management of agency budget in coordination with the CEO.
• Development of individual program budgets.
• Regular reporting, planning and business strategy meetings with the CEO.
• Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
• Identifying any skills gaps in the organisation and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
• Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
• Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
• Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
• Acting as a liaison to senior management to keep them up to date with business matters.
• Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and production targets are met.
• Introducing and managing in-house IT systems ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
• Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives.
• Recruit, train, supervise and appraise human resources.
• Cater to clients’ or personnel’s concerns.
• Manage the growth and success of the team.
• Plan, schedule, and review workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis.
• Develop and manage annual budget with the CEO
• Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organisation's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
• Assisting Executive Director and Board in creating annual organisational budget and monitoring cash flow.
• Maintaining Intersection's archival and administrative files.
• Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
• Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
• Manage functions.
• Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
• Drive initiatives in the management team and organisationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
• Providing consulting services on matters related to fundraising, tax and insurance questions, and business structure and growth.
• Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
• Oversee organisational insurance policies.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
• Budget development and oversight experience.
• Experience in Financial Management.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment.
• Excellent people manager, open to direction and Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
• Persuasive with details and facts.
• Delegate responsibilities effectively.
• High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.