Commercial Finance Manager
As part of a renewed business focus and strategy there is a new opportunity for a commercial finance manager to join a luxury retailer based in central London.
My client is a high-end luxury retailer based in central London. The business operates in 13 countries with a number of stores in each. Their focus on quality and style has seen the business develop a strong customer base. Now under new ownership they have a renewed business strategy with an aim to consolidate the historic performance and establish a new growth plan across the UK, EMEA region, and US. Within this, there is a newly created Commercial Finance Manager opportunity.
As the Commercial Finance Manager in this luxury retailer you will be tasked with building and managing a team of 3, leading on management reporting, and adding commercial insight into performance by store and region. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee monthly management accounts, forecasting & review processes, including accruals & cost reviews and analysis & commentary on financial results
- Oversee other regular reporting including daily/weekly sales reporting
- Ongoing development of reporting to meet the ongoing and changing needs of the business
- Primary responsibility for development & end to end delivery of annual budget and strategic planning process
- Develop methodology and tools to analyse both revenue & cost lines across the business and identify opportunities
- Appraisal of capital investment for the business, specifically surrounding store performance
- Ad hoc analysis as required by the business
- Ongoing management, training, development and mentoring of direct reports.
As a strong applicant to this Commercial Finance Manager position you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Demonstrate further exposure in an industry environment (ideally luxury retail)
- Show ownership of the month end process, forecasting and budgeting procedures, and a strong analytical background
- Be highly commercial with an understanding of the business model and how to help optimise company performance
- Possess strong interpersonal skills both in terms of engaging with senior management, as well as managing junior staff members.
The offer to the successful commercial finance manager will be between £65,000-£75,000 + benefits.