Are you an experienced Fabricator/Welder/Manufacturing Engineer Assessor looking to work for leading training provider? Are you an experience Welder/Fabricator/Manufacturing Engineer looking for a career change?
Alderwood are currently working with a leading training provider in Plymouth looking to expand on their current team. They are looking to add an experience Fabricator/Welder/Manufacturing Engineer who can pass on their knowledge to their students.
The Engineering Assessor's role is to work with a caseload of Fabrication and Welding apprentices, and their employers, to ensure the apprentices develop the skills and knowledge required, including Functional Skills, to successfully complete their apprenticeships.
5 years industry experience is preferable in either Fabrication or Welding.
Role and Responsibilities
* Industry specific and up-to-date commercial experience and a creative flair is required that demonstrate significant expertise in the industry, and evidence of continued professional development.
* Implementing internal and external quality assurance action plans, including the standardisation of practise with other assessors.
* Making sound, objective assessment decisions based on assessment requirements.
* Planning for programme delivery and producing schemes of work and lesson plans.
* Delivering underpinning knowledge and practical skill sessions to learners in workshops and specialist training environments using a variety of methods and resources.
* Evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning activities to develop and improve the learner experience.
* Negotiating, agreeing and carrying out assessments using different assessment methods and evidence types with groups and individuals.
* A full working knowledge of both fabrication and welding
Salary and Benefits
Salary up to £21,500
Company Pension Scheme
Access to Company pool car or Mileage of 45ppm
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Scheme (DBS) check.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK