Senior Buyer - Crawley
An amazing opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Manager / Senior Buyer to join an ambitious and supportive team within an expanding company with fantastic career opportunities.
This is an excellent role working in a really vibrant environment with a company that is progressive, innovative and always striving to build on success.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
- Previous experience of managing a small buying team
- Confident with managing Supplier relationships
- Setting up supplier agreements, stock return policy or sales volume rebates
- Managing Stock levels to agreed KPI’s
- Setting up inventory and Purchasing KPI’s
- Ensuring the supply chain team add value to customers by giving service to our sales team by delivering product on time and finding solution to solve customer needs.
- Manage supplier price list and distribution across the business
- Able to manage a warehouse team.
- Liaising closely with Warehouse Manager on stock holding volumes and space requirements.
- Negotiate discounts based on volumes with all local suppliers aimed at reducing costs
- Chasing orders
- Complete tenders as requested
- Liaise with existing suppliers and be able to source alternative suppliers.
- Be aware of the profit implication of stock holding costs, including redundant stock and damaged stock.
- Be aware of the cost implications of transferring goods.
- Identify Potential Customers where possible from supplier contacts
Key skills required:
- Think outside the box
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong negotiator
- Analytical Approach
- Good Communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Good administrator
- Able to perform to KPI’s
- CIPS Qualification
- Adding Value
- Self Confidence
- Energy & Perseverance
- Developing Self
- Customer Orientation
- Building effective working relationships
- Communicating and influencing
- Problem solving
- £50,000 - £55,000
- A company car is optional
- Free Parking
Does this sound like your new dream role then please send your CV today!
Harris Lord are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Supply Chain Manager, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Stock Control, Purchase Orders.