A rarely available Finance Manager role has just become available at a global retail business based in Northamptonshire. In this role, you will have real scope to impact and add value to the business.
About the Finance Manager role:
In this Finance Manager position you would be responsible for accurately analysing and reporting supply chain/logistics performance and initiatives to ensure optimal decision-making across both the EU Finance and Global Logistics functions.
- Act as strategic business partner to the Logistics leadership team; analysing trends to support financial targets, preparing insights & recommendations to drive and support business decisions, deliver P&L cost savings and productivity goals. Also partner on capital projects and execution of other supply chain projects and initiatives, evaluating and tracking post-implementation performance.
- Establish and maintain Logistics/Supply Chain dashboards and KPI's. Analyse any variances to plans/budgets and prepare appropriate commentaries explaining these variances and costs.
- Produce accurate management accounts, including responsibility for month end accounting processes and posting of appropriate journals to the general ledger. Able to articulate monthly results and analysis with global partners.
- Build and manage the Logistics monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process, with relevant analysis and presentation to senior management. Able to challenge numbers submitted by departments and highlight any risk areas.
- Daily interaction with the Logistics, Head Office Finance and Customer Service teams, at a local and global level. Build relationships with our Brands (UK & US) to support operational, tactical and strategic decision making. Work with the Management team at the DC to develop their knowledge and understanding of financial processes through coaching and feedback.
- Ideally a Qualified accountant, with experience in a similar role within Finance in an Operational or Supply Chain environment, preferably within the retail industry or other FMCG
- High degree of initiative and ownership, a motivated self-starter who is continually curious and thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment where change is the norm.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with an ability to interpret data in various formats, and an excellent standard of verbal and written communication.
- Able to meet deadlines, working with pace and urgency. Can successfully balance multiple priorities, with a disciplined, logical and practical approach to problem solving.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and knowledge of Oracle system would be an advantage.
This global retail business based in Northampton has a great culture and exciting expansion plans. They are offering you the opportunity to take full ownership of this role with the target of impacting the business.