Senior Bridge Engineer
Job Title: Senior Bridge Engineer
Salary: £34K - £38K
Our International bridge team based in Hampshire is looking to hire a Senior Engineer to join their growing team. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you excellent quality of work on large projects throughout the company.
You will utilise your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of bridge, gantry and civil structures projects spread across the whole asset lifecycle from conceptual and detailed design through to assessment and strengthening.
You will be expected to carry out detailed technical work while managing small teams within defined budget, programme and quality requirements. We are committed to the training and professional development of our staff, and at Senior Engineer level you will play an active role in mentoring junior members of the team.
1. Perform complex analysis using computer modelling: making, reading, and interpreting technical material
2. Undertake project research including surveys and inspections
3. Provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage others in the preparation of project deliverables
4. Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and more efficient ways of working
5. Manage project finances
6. Plan, undertake, coordinate, and supervise technical work on bids and projects
7. Mentor and develop others to achieve professional qualifications
Essential Skills & Experience:
1. Experience in the design of bridges and other highway and/or rail structures
2. Sound knowledge of international standards and Eurocodes
3. Ability to organise and conduct several activities simultaneously
4. Knowledge of relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions
5. Ability to communicate clearly material of a specialist or highly technical nature
6. Experience of managing small teams
7. Sound knowledge of structural steelwork and concrete design
8. Technical review
Desirable Skills & Experience:
1. Extensive relevant experience in bridges discipline
2. Experience from a multi-disciplinary environment, including involvement with site during construction
3. Experience of international design and construction projects
4. Experience of reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete and steel bridge design
5. Experience of precast segmental and cable stayed bridge design
6. Capabilities in leading design teams
7. Good skills in Microsoft Office and relevant technical software
8. Experience of financial management
Education & Professional Qualifications:
1. Good degree in Civil engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Civil Engineering MEng
2. Preferably a Chartered Engineer, or will have gained sufficient experience to obtain full membership, of an appropriate professional institution
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.