Internal Communications Officer - Automotive - Royston
Internal Communications Officer
Emission Control Technologies - Royston
Up to £48,000K
Our Client’s Emission Control Technologies (ECT) Division excels in sustainable technology. They use scientific know-how to create innovative products that play a crucial part in reducing harmful emissions and improving air quality, helping their customers meet legislative requirements globally. As a supplier of one third of catalysts into the automotive industry around the world, they are playing our part in creating a future for tomorrow.
As our client’s Internal Communications Officer you will be instrumental in shaping the way in which they effectively inform and engage employees. Utilising a variety of channels; including brief notes, newsletters, etc; you will act as the central conduit for internal communication, you will develop the content to ensure it is well structured, and shares matters relating to ECT.
You will work closely, with key stakeholders, to develop an internal communications strategy that is in line with the vision of the business and aligned to their business strategies. Through your key influencing skills, you will play a pivotal part in the shaping of this, and ensuring that their delivering of communication is consistent and akin to our brand.
Key Responsibilities of the Internal Communications Officer
- Design and lead a communications plan to support the communications strategy of the ECT Division.
- Ensure organisational initiatives are consistent across all mediums and are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Develop the use, and accessibility, of a full portfolio of communication tools to employees including the intranet, social media (Yammer) and myJM though collaboration with internal key stakeholders.
- Prepare, develop and write business presentations to support key stakeholders.
- Act as the first point of contact in the event of a crisis situation, with a clear understanding of the requirements in line with our business continuity plan
Qualifications and Internal Communications Officer
- Demonstrable experience in a similar communications role, with significant knowledge of communication best practice within a large complex organisation.
- Experience of supporting business transformation communication.
- Experience of using a wide portfolio of communication tools - intranet, blogging, video editing etc
Closing date for this role is 19th May 2017.