Senior Project Manager / Project Director
Job Title: Project Director
Your salary: £100,000 + benefits
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Jon Marsden)
Who you'll be working for:
I am currently representing a successful main contractor who deliver a quality product partnered with an exceptional service, they invest heavily in their staff and are passionate about investing in their people.
The business has a level hierarchy so every position is seen as important and staff are recognised for their work. Due to a pipeline of work that amounts to over £200mill, the business are looking for a Project Director with a proven track record in delivering multi million pound major projects, £30mill and above. The successful candidate must have a detailed understanding of how a main contractor operates.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Accountable for preparation and management of the scheme producing the overall Project Delivery Plan
- Take all necessary actions to ensure that work is carried out within the project requirements and timescales.
- Responsible for achieving an integrated service delivery for all site activities including but not limited to subcontractor procurement schedules, material requirements, plant requisition, statutory services, co-ordinated design development and completing comprehensive records.
- Assist Management in agreeing with any Critical Success Factors for the project.
- Set out and agree a plan to deliver the objectives, communicate with all staff and monitor performance
- Manage the People responsibilities of the team including undertaking Performance & Development Reviews, supporting and coaching team members to achieve both individual and business objectives.
- Examine drawings and specifications, work closely with the design team, verify compliance with ER's, CP's and budget and determine feasibility and technical suitability.
- Responsible for, in connection with the Surveyor, the preparation of accurate CVR's, the achievement and improvement of the project target profitability, the identification of project risks and opportunities and advise on forecast monthly turnover.
- Select and appoint the sub-contractors (in conjunction with other departments) based on their financial and quality of work performance,
- Commence regular reviews to guarantee work is being carried out to the highest standard
- Action plans to be instigated to correct any slippage. Ensure weekly sub-contractor meetings.
- Attend site and customer meetings as appropriate
- Ensure that when any risk is recognised they are relayed to your line manager, and an action plan is monitored to protect the company's position.
- Production and presentation of monthly progress reports to the Client and monthly business review reports to the department Director.
You must have:
- Construction related Level 7 qualification (NVQ) and/or professional membership
- Proven track record of successful delivery in London
- Capable using Microsoft Office programmes; incl. Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to regulate costs and delivery on quality
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
- Knowledge of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Knowledge of Document Management Systems
- CSCS Management card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- Temporary works certificate (preferred)
- Valid driving licence.
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
If you feel your experience is relevant to this position, or there are other positions you would like to discuss, please give call to and ask for Jon Marsden.
We are very passionate, detailed and precise with what we do here at Novo so please be assured that you are in safe hands.