Portfolio are pleased to present an excellent new opportunity based in Central London. They are looking to bring on a proactive Accounts Payable that has a proven and established background within the industry and is able to integrate into its fast paced and driven team.
The Accounts team maintain a keen eye for detail in their work and are always looking for ways to improve, the successful candidate will take on processes quickly and be comfortable within a fast paced environment.
To assist in ensuring that terms and conditions regarding payment to suppliers are closely followed, with deviations agreed with the Supervisor or Management Accountant in advance.
- To assist in controlling movement of all invoices in circulation, and informing the Supervisor or Management Accountant of any delays.
- To assist in ensuring accurate and valid supplier bank detail records are kept up-to-date.
- To assist in carrying out timely payment runs to meet deadlines agreed with the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- To assist in monitoring all accounting procedures and control working closely with local management and administration staff.
- To assist in the reconciliation of main supplier statements monthly.
- To assist in ensuring the timely reconciliation and investigation of related Balance sheet accounts - Goods Received Not Invoiced, Invoice Differences and Goods Returned.
- To assist in registering invoices on receipt on to the computer.
To liaise with Stores with regard to orders, goods returned and invoice differences.
- To post approved and authorised invoices on timely basis for payment information purposes.
- To assist in the production and despatch of remittance advices, cheques and BACS listing.
- To ensure all filing is undertaken in an efficient and timely manner for storage, retrieval and archive purposes.
- To assist in dealing with all supplier queries by phone, fax or by post.
- To assist in the training, supervision and development of temporary staff or other staff covering for absences
This organisation has a great presence in their sector and has a really exciting time ahead of it. They are looking for key people to continue to drive this business forward and be key figures in the future. It is a creative work-place where an established Accounts Payable will thrive.
Please get in touch as soon as possible should you be interested in this role, they are looking to appoint efficiently and get someone into the team.