Business Development Manager
You will be responsible for the business development activities within the tax and audit departments of the London office for a leading mid-tier accounting firm.
You and your team will be responsible for the development, delivery and monitoring of strategic marketing and business development activity to enable the office to effectively target new work and acquire quality new business and clients.
Bids experience is required.
Mid-tier UK accountancy firm based in Central London
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute business development plans in line with national strategy, linking in with national service line and sector leads and working with the Regional Head of Business Development and Partner group
- Project manage high value tenders and provide strategic input and advice on other tenders, ensuring the RSM proposals process is followed
- Coach partners and managers through the business development cycle and help motivate and drive positive behaviours, acting as a sounding board for live opportunities
- Challenge partners on their approach to BD opportunities, and proactively take responsibility addressing any areas for improvement
- Identifying opportunities to grow current client relationships through widening our service offering
- Actively manage service line and partner pipelines, and ensure all opportunities and activities are recorded accurately
- Support and track business development activity against defined office and sector targets
- Initiating and implementing process improvement projects across the office
- Attend introductory and scoping meetings with prospects
- Ensure timely debriefs are undertaken after all won & lost tenders and client losses ensuring all data is fully captured
- Leading office-wide initiatives and events outside the core service lines
- A minimum of 6 years' professional services experience
- Line management experience
- Strong marketing and business development experience at a managerial level, particularly in targeting new business and proposal project management
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of the business development process
- A professional, credible and confident communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels within the firm
- Experience of managing large projects and multiple relationships
- Degree educated
- Strong written and editorial skills
- A highly organised individual with drive, enthusiasm and the ability to challenge partners
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Solid and relevant commercial understanding
- An active team player
This is a 12 month maternity cover - there may be the potential for an exceptional candidate to go permanent within the business at the end of the contract. As it is a fixed term contract, standard benefits will apply.