Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant based in Harlow. Our client is an International Supplier of FMCG goods with operations throughout the UK and mainland Europe.
This role will be responsible for directly supporting the day to day functionality of the finance team and assisting with month-end.
Typical Duties Include:
- Maintenance of Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger
- Perform Month End routines to close ledgers and run appropriate reports
- Month end analysis
- Agreement of controls accounts
- Prepare cash flow forecasts of supplier payments
- Processing of BACS payments
- Deal with suppliers to resolve issues such as missing goods, incorrect pricing
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Checking, analysing and posting company credit card expenditure
- Analysis of Petty Cash returns, reconciliation and creation of month end journal
- Ad-Hoc Duties as required
The ideal candidate will be AAT Qualified or nearing completion with aspirations to further study towards ACCA/CIMA. You must be highly numerical with the ability to use Microsoft Excel on a daily basis and comfortable with working as a team member and communicating across various levels of seniority.
Rutherford Briant are the leading Quality Driven Accountancy & HR specialists in East Anglia.