Compliance Assistant - Central London
We are recruiting for a Compliance Assistant for one of our customers based in Central London.
The position will pay a basic salary of up to £25,000 (dependent on experience) + Benefits.
This role would suit someone looking to enter the Legal & Compliance department of a growing gaming company and ideally someone with a background, qualification or interest in compliance or law.
The role will report into the Compliance Officer.
The successful individual will develop an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements within the gambling and e-gaming industry, and will undertake a variety of tasks including: reviewing and understanding jurisdictional regulations, assist in the planning of activities to ensure compliance activities are delivered in a timely manner, creating of regulatory change and incident reports, reporting compliance requirements and updates to the different business departments, and on occasion liaise with senior management to provide guidance and support from a compliance function perspective.
- Developing a thorough knowledge and understanding of the relevant regulations that the business needs to adhere to
- Liaising with the business to ensure that laws and regulations within each jurisdiction are complied with
- Advising the business on gambling and marketing regulations, codes and standards for e-gaming, including advertising and marketing, player protection, AML and responsible gambling.
- Identifying any nonconformity within the business and escalating appropriately
- Supporting the Compliance Officer to ensure that regulatory points/matters are considered throughout all projects lifecycle
- Assisting in writing and implementing internal and external policies, to ensure full regulatory compliance for the business with the relevant regulations and codes of practice.
- Providing an administrative function to the Compliance team. This includes, but is not limited to; checking and approving marketing content, work tracking, mailbox and daily BAU tasks.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- High proficiency in English
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Process oriented
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and good attention to detail.
- Proven experience with MS Office tools