Account Manager - Kidlington. £23,000 - £30,000.
Our client requires an enthusiastic Account Manager in an office-based role, reporting to the Head of Sales.
This person will sell our products to existing and potential customers, working in close conjunction with an External Sales/Product Specialist managing a geographic territory.
As this role entails both commercial and technical aspects of the sales process, the person must have a passion for selling, but must also be able to organise and plan the team sales activity.
- Maintain and grow the business with existing major accounts.
- Management of new sales leads, including qualification, response, recording and follow up with the objective of securing purchase orders.
- Report to Internal Sales Manager to maximise the resources of the Internal Sales Team.
- Assist external Product Specialist in making appointments and meetings.
- Send quotations, pursuing these to purchase orders.
- Liaise with others to respond to customer queries.
- Meet with customers and prospects and occasional site visits.
- Maximise the opportunities from our existing customer base.
- Take part in monthly sales meetings.
- Negotiate pricing within predetermined parameters.
- Report on competitive activity and recommend actions where deemed necessary.
- Form and support a Sales Team with the external Product Specialist.
- Meet agreed sales growth and gross profit targets.
- Win purchase orders in line with sales strategy from both existing and new customers.
- Be a strong, contributing part of our Sales Driven Culture.
- Maintain internal sales processes.
- Build and enhance relationships between our customers and our company.
- Conduct oneself according to the Company Values.
You must have a proven track record in a successful business-to-business sales environment, preferably to manufacturers.
You will need be able to provide a high quality customer experience. You will also need to be computer and telephone literate and sales driven.
As this is a technical role, you must have a science qualification, preferably to 'A’ Level as a minimum.
Comprehensive and ongoing product training will be given.
While we appreciate the time and effort you put into submitting your application, due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to contact applicants who move into phase two of the application process.