Buyer, Manufacturing, FMCG
PERMANENT, Full Time
- Working within a small procurement team reporting to the Purchasing Manager
- Managing a small team.
- Materials planning.
- Sourcing and purchasing raw materials.
- Negotiation of best price for quality.
- Building supplier relationships.
- Updating database with prices, despatch notes etc.
- Preparing and distributing relevant paperwork.
- Undertaking stock takes.
- Assisting with new product trials.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- CIPS qualification highly desirable.
- Previous purchasing experience essential.
- Experience of managing / mentoring a team desirable.
- Knowledge gained within manufacturing of FMCG highly desirable.
- Must be able to source and negotiate.
- Numerate and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to work accurately with excellent attention to detail.
- Organised and adept at record keeping.
- Good IT skills.
- Established and growing manufacturer offering an opportunity for career development.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for a challenge in a fast paced environment.
For further information or to apply, please contact Shaun Kenyon at Travail Shrewsbury or press apply. If this particular position is not suitable Travail Employment Group offers candidates a first class recruitment service tailored to meet your individual requirements. With knowledge of the local market and offering a diversity of career opportunities please feel free to contact one of our consultants.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.