Collections & Recoveries Account Manager - Permanent
Are you lookining for a new permanent opportunity as a Collections & Recoveries manager in the South West London area?
Our client are an asset finance business that are rapidly growing and due to expansion looking to add to their current collections team.
Within this role you will be accountable for:
- Handle relationships with an assigned portfolio of customers covering corporate an individual insolvency, litigation, pre litigation, asset repossession and shortfall collection across all sectors of the business.
- Responsible for completion of the collection and recovery process in order to minimise risk, prevent arrears and ensure the timely collection of payments.
- Arranging sustainable repayment plans through effective evaluation of income & expenditure with customers.
- Liaise with Asset Management to obtain valuations on delinquent accounts and ensure these are recorded.
- Review cases for bad debt provision recommendation, completing necessary paperwork for Head of Collection
- Strategically review accounts where recovery is unlikely or not cost effective make recommendation for w/off
- Ensure that customer accounts are credit graded according to company & group policy and updated within the collections system
- Review bad debt accounts for VAT reclaims and refer to finance for processing.
- Litigation recommendation, ongoing litigation action reviews, and legal cost reviews.
- Liaise with Collections Team Leader on serious delinquencies and help to minimise losses
- Guide other members of the collections team through the recoveries process.
- To cover the early arrears collections process when required.
- Provide assistance and support to the Collections Team Leader on specified tasks when needed.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for the Management Team on collections targets.
- Recommend process improvements to ensure the department and business continues to innovate in line with its core values.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience specifically in bad debt collection, insolvency, litigation and asset recovery
- Knowledge of contract and consumer credit is essential
- Finance and leasing background preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work within a structured processes managing tasks efficiently and effectively
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially excel
- Ability to work independently
- Good organisational/time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating customers fairly
- Embrace the values of the group Leadership Model
£28,000 - £34,000 depending on experience
Local Train Station