Senior Mechanical Contract Manager
Senior Mechanical Contract Manager - Commercial Projects - Based in Cambridge - Permanent
A national leader in mechanical and electrical engineering that have been established for over 90 years are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Contract Manager to be based in their office in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. They cover a wide range of sectors including various commercial projects - schools, hospitals, offices and M.O.D.
As the Senior Mechanical Contract Manager you will be responsible to manage other Project Managers and Project Engineers ensuring the projects are running accordingly with the installation and specification requirements whilst ensuring compliance with specification and contract documentation.
You will also need previous experience of financial control as you will be involved in the preparation and issue of Financial Progress Reports by providing a written report on material variances and final cost forecasts for both labour and materials.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
· Experience of working on large commercial new build projects.
· Working for a Building Services Contractor at a similar level.
· Relevant qualifications, such as ONC/HNC in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
· Mechanically bias but must be knowledgeable in both disciplines.
· Consistently good financial returns on projects, taking into account all relevant factors
· Attending meetings with Principle Contractors, Consultants and Architects.
· Good people management and motivational skills.
· The ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads.
· Carryout project administration-progress reports.
· Fully resource project and implement any H&S matters.
· Lead, drive and encourage site teams.
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact Adam Brown on or or