Finance Manager, Colchester
Maternity Cover - Temporary contract, expected to last for up to 1 year (this will be regularly reviewed throughout the term of the contract)
Location: Autism Anglia Head Office, Colchester, Essex
Hours: 35 hours per week
Job ref: E250
The Finance Manager will work closely with the Director of Finance assisting with the day to day running of the Finance Team and in partnership with other managers in order to ensure that financially the organisation is managed effectively across all services.
Your main duties will include:
- To lead on the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- To manage the Finance Team (currently 3 other members).
- Year end reporting responsibilities in conjunction with the Director of Finance.
- Budgeting responsibilities in conjunction with the Director of Finance.
- To oversee the day to day operations of the finance function.
- Responsibility for ensuring that Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- To maintain the Fixed Asset Register.
- Responsibility for the Head Office Payroll and to oversee the payroll function.
- To maintain the SAGE Accounts and Payroll packages and to ensure that appropriate updates are processed and back ups saved.
- To check and validate the monthly BACS runs for the Purchase Ledger and Staff Expenses.
- Significant experience in an accounting finance role, including payroll experience.
- Experience as a Team Leader or supervisory role within a Finance Team.
- Responsibility for the reporting of monthly financial information, budgeting and year end processing.
- A good understanding of accounting processes and procedures, current accounting standards and HMRC legislation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia provides ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
It is desirable that the successful applicant holds a full driving licence.
Closing date for applications: 28th May 2017
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.