Fantastic new opportunity available for a Facilities Manager to join a global technological oil, gas and marine services company. Based in London, our client aspires to make the world smarter, safer and greener, and has continuing research projects to ensure they provide the most cutting edge technological services. Driven by their purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, our client enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. They provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries, and also provides certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
The chosen Facilities Manager should ensure a well-balanced working environment and liaise with all levels of the organisation, as well as the service providers and suppliers. The key areas of responsibility will include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring the office(s) operates smoothly on a day to day basis, providing the correct environment and amenities to ensure staff can carry out their duties effectively, all in accordance with agreed GSS Service Level Agreement (Real Estate Planning, Property Management, Facility Management)
- Managing staff on a day to day basis including contractors as and when required
- Managing the company owned residential flat based in London
- Negotiation and timely renegotiation of all leases associated with offices while ensuring compliance with quality and sustainability guidelines and policies
- Negotiation and renegotiation of contracts and orders with local service providers and maintenance suppliers while ensuring alignment with service levels and collaboration with Procurement Professionals
- Day to day spending and controlling of real estate budget
- Preparation and implementation of risk assessments and audits for the locations coordinated by local HR/HSE while ensuring full compliance with local laws and regulations
- Administration / day to day running of company car fleet providing support to employees
- Consulting with local business heads to ensure that the strategy for all locations and business road maps with regards to real estate needs, are aligned
- Assessment and planning of the yearly real estate budget for all assigned office locations
In order to carry out the above tasks efficiently, it is essential for applicants to have the following skills and experience:
- Real estate management related professional qualification or equivalent
- Any green FM certification (e.g. GreenMark Facilities Manager) and/or FM associations would be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Real Estate, Facility or Property Management
- Proven financial analysis, lease negotiation and contract management skills
- Strong communication skills in English (at least CEFR C1 level)
- Strong project management skills, ideally within a Real Estate, Facility or Property Management environment
- Good understanding of real estate management principles
- Strong analytical abilities along with a substantial flair for negotiation and persuasion
- Experience of working in a Shared Services organisation would be an advantage
- Understanding of the purchase to pay cycle would be an advantage.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Ashley Clarke on or email and quote 12198AC. Alternately you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.