Senior Energy Wind Analyst
Would you like the opportunity to really shape the future of a business? This large energy supplier is offering all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term ambitions. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Senior Wind Energy Analyst based primarily in London. As part of the Wind Resource Team you will support all offshore projects during development, design, construction and operation phases and you will provide technical expertise throughout the complete lifecycle of offshore windfarm projects with a focus on Asset Optimisation and Value Engineering. The successful applicant will have an expert knowledge and experience in modeling of wind farm energy production, wind turbine layout design and optimization. If this sounds like you, Apply today!
- You will be responsible for the design and optimization of turbine layouts
- Responsible for analytical and technical issues in the context of project development, project engineering and contract negotiations
- Represent the project interests and hold discussions with banks (LTAs) and all third party stakeholders
- Conduct due diligence analysis with regards to wind climate, turbine capacities, turbine layout, energy yield and other relevant energy yield related and contractual topics
- Support all offshore projects during development, design, construction and operation phases
- Provide technical expertise throughout the complete lifecycle of offshore windfarm projects with a focus on Asset Optimisation and Value Engineering
Skills and experience required:
- Masters or Diploma degree in Meteorology, Aeronautics or Astronautics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Engineering
- Expert knowledge and experience (at least 6-8 years) in modeling of wind farm energy production, wind turbine layout design and optimization (micro-siting), site assessment (design parameters) and a solid knowledge of other relevant topics of offshore windfarms (e.g. foundations, cables, substation).
- Comprehensive skills and experience in development of models, verification or simulation of models, model-based risk assessments and numerical optimization
- Very good knowledge of flow simulation & CFD software (e.g. Ansys), programming languages (e.g. matlab), experience in use of offshore specific wake models (e.g. FUGA, WindFarmer, WindModeller etc.)
- Highly developed analytical skills, creativity and problem-solving competence
- High level of self-organization, self-reliance, reliability, persistence and organizational skills Excellent communication and team skills as well as a confident and convincing appearance
- Willingness for task related travel