Job Type: Quality Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Are you an experienced Quality Engineer looking to join a market leader in flexible hose solutions?
Headquartered in the UK my client is a market leader providing high quality and cost effective design and production of hose and tube assemblies. With over 70 years as a group in the industry, this is an exciting role within a well-established company.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer who will be overseeing everyday factory floor activities in order to train operators, to acting as a liaison between suppliers and customers and will be reporting to the Quality Improvement Manager.
- Investigate poor product quality - internal and customer complaints
- Perform capability studies, analyse results and generate recommendations
- Perform measurement system analysis (MSA)
- Liaise with engineering and manufacturing to ensure introduction of new products are in accordance with approved data
- Support the quality inspector to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
- Develop effective training plan for both new and existing employees
- First off, sample inspection
- Liaise with customers and suppliers
- Perform routine cleanliness checks to ensure agreed standards are being maintained
- Identify, obtain quotation and requisition consumables and measuring equipment as required
- Produce dimensional reports using CMM
- Ideally you will have a minimum of two years within a quality department, ideally 'tier 1’ automotive supply chain
- A BEng/BTEC ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering is desirable but not essential
- A passion to deliver (right first time and on time)
Contact Stuart Tomkinson on 0161-639-0080