Field Service Engineer
Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + Bonus (up to £7k) + Overtime Available + Vehicle
A Field Service Engineer is required to carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM), fault finding, repairs and upgrades to commercial laundry equipment. Full equipment training will be provided, however, you should be an experienced and hands-on engineer / technician with formal training in a mechanical and electrical discipline.
As the face of the company in this region, the Field Service Engineer will be customer service focused and committed to ensuring that clients’ equipment remains operational and well maintained.
This is a fast paced, exciting and dynamic place to work. Backed by one of Europe’s fastest growing Private Equity groups, we are on track to double the size of the business and are seeking motivated Candidates to join us.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
- The role will involve fault finding, service and repair on commercial laundry equipment
- You must be comfortable to work within a variety of customer premises, from care homes to hotels, restaurants, schools, government buildings and corporate clients
- The role is home based, and as a result of this your location can be flexible. You will receive your parts and fixings via our delivery service to nominated pick up and drop of points.
- You must carry out regular stock management of carried parts
- Work is scheduled daily through your work tablet and smartphone
- Your safety and the safety of those around you is critical; it is essential that you have the correct attitude toward safety
- To support the Company in securing more potential sales business, by spotting and submitting engineer leads for either new contracts or machinery
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives and drive essential behavioural and process change
- Drive the implementation of engineering best practice processes, procedures and tools that maximise effectiveness and efficiency
- To handle any challenging situations with customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times – you are the face of the company to our customers and will be expected to act as such.
- As the role involves travel throughout the region you will need a full valid driving license.
Qualifications & Skills
- Electrical & Mechanical experience required
- Previous field service engineering experience (or similar) required
- F – Gas qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Training provided on specialist equipment
- An assertive individual who is confident in a professional manner to work with both internal and external customers daily
- Able to learn, understand and then use the jobs booking system – computer literacy is therefore a key requirement
- Flexible and responsive, a demonstrable ability to work to a task schedule and see them to conclusion, managing change as it arises
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong listening, questioning, explaining and feedback capability to support strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability to build strong relationships, work collaboratively, handle sensitivity effectively and resolve conflict in a professional and positive manner
- Hardworking and methodical individual
- Well organised - a good planner with structured problem solving and decision making ability and a resilient “can-do” attitude
- Self-motivated by targets and with excellent time management, planning and prioritising capability
- Full driving licence required.
Additional Information – i.e. Over Time / Travel / Location
- Geographically flexible with the ability to travel across a regional area in order to perform the role effectively
- Over-night stays away from home may be required (although rare)
- Regular visits to (Head Office) will be expected to undertake training etc.
- Weekend work on a rota basis (typically 1 in 5) is required in this role
- Flexibility with working hours; overtime and additional hours will be required on occasion in order to fulfill the role and customer requirements.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 23 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Company Vehicle & Tools
- Training and Development Programme
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + Bonus (up to £7k) + Overtime Available