Corporate Events Officer
35 Hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: GBP 24,577 to GBP 34,164 including Inner London Weighting
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our Communications and Engagement Directorate for a Corporate events officer. As part of the corporate communication team, the corporate events officer is responsible for developinganddelivering our portfolio of corporate events. Working closely with the corporate events manager they will ensure events are effectively promoted to attendees (with a focus on our volunteers and staff), delivered to a highstandard and that evaluation is used to improve future events.
Developinga series of 6-8 national engagement events for volunteers and staff
Annual meetings for Volunteer Representatives and Presidents
Twoannual staff leadership conferences
A series of leadership roadshow events
The annual Remembrance events in London
The communications and engagement quarterly directorate meeting.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts. Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis
About the teamThe role of corporate events officer sits within the Corporate Communications department which is part of the Communications and Engagement directorate. The directorate tells the stories about who we are, what we do, what we believe, and the difference we make to people's lives - so that both externally and internally people act, behave, or make decisions in a way that results in a positive change for people in crisis.
About the person
- Experience of delivering a range of different types of events and measuring their effectiveness
- Experience of advising and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of successfully
- Experience of working in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification/experience
- Understanding of what is required to deliver a range of complex events to different audiences.
- Awareness of challenges to engagement in the charity and communications sectors.
- Ability to assess and balance business needs with available resource and time
- Fully IT and digitally literate: competent user of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access, and the internet including social media
- Good understanding of research methodologies
- Copywriting skills and experience with web writing guidelines would be an advantage
Closing date for applications is 23:59, 31st May 2017. Please click here to view the full job description and person specification for this position.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis. As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis