Job Title: Contracts Manager
Your salary: £60,000
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Michael Stevens)
Who you'll be working for:
Established nearly 40 years ago our client has grown significantly but remains at the core a family owned business providing full Mechanical, Electrical and Renewable Services in both the private and public sector. Their multi sector experience includes commercial, industrial, Residential (New Build & Refurbishment) and Healthcare, with package values up to £10m.
Some of your responsibilities:
To plan and organise the execution of contracts and ensure they are carried out according to their programmes of work, required standards of workmanship, and within agreed costs and timings, managing and delegating staff to ensure a smoothly run project
- Produce programme of works with the Operations Manager and Quantity Surveyor, lease with project managers and then agree and issue a programme to client and sub-contractors
- Set up suitable site offices and ensure that all welfare and conformity paperwork is present on site.
- Attend pre-contract meeting with client or main contractor to discuss programme of works and agree the requirements for pre-contract.
- Meet with Surveyors, Supervisor and all subcontractors on the programme of works, chair meetings that set out what is required from each and every one of them.
- Monitor the execution of the contract against its agreed programme of works and produce a drop line programme which details progress and relate to critical path activities
- Meet with our technical and health and safety representatives to ensure a safe site is being run
- Check that specified inspections and tests are completed on schedule, with prompt action taken to rectify snags, and a record kept of causes and corrective action taken.
You must have:
- Previous experience as a Senior Contracts/Operational Manager overseeing a portfolio in excess of £15m
- A comprehensive knowledge of current building regulations
- Strong technical capability with experience in the design, specification and management of Building Services projects
- Strong commercial skills and understanding of contract commercials and cost estimates as well as the preparation of fee proposals and delivery to profit
- Extensive experience in a management /leadership role involving knowledgeable customers, technical staff and specialist suppliers, demonstrably capable of delivering the challenging objectives that arise from project activities
- Recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please get in touch with Michael Stevens on