Corporate Finance Junior/Assistant - Reading to £26,000 + study
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top50 Accountancy Firm in Reading who are looking to recruit a Graduate/Junior Corporate Finance Assistant to join their growing team. With a client base covering the Thames Valley and London, the role will be responsible for the compliance requirements of a large number of OMB’s and larger businesses looking to buy/sell companies as part of their corporate strategy. Key duties include:
• Assisting with preparation of all key financial analysis for potential acquirers (from historic, forecast and budget data)
• Managing data requests, collation and interpretation
• Timely preparation and updates of basic financial information for all relevant documentation relating to M&A/Lead Advisory deals
• Assisting with the preparation of "stand alone" business plans which includes supporting clients in building a future profit forecast
• Working with the regional Corporate Finance team and clients to help quantify and evaluate potential buy/sell offers and provide basic information to enable proper price negotiations
• Assist with the collation and presentation of financial information at the due diligence stage.
• Supporting the team with in-depth commercial investigation into client businesses (market sentiment, industry specifics and competitor positioning)
• Providing basic input into the financial aspects of Information Memoranda and offer analyses.
To be considered for the position you should be degree-educated in a Finance/Accounting or related degree subject with a very keen interest in Corporate Finance/M&A/Due Diligence and some work experience in Corporate Finance would be preferred. You may currently be studying CFA, ACA or ACCA or looking to study in the near future, as this position will enable you to become fully qualified with the firm. You should be able to demonstrate a basic awareness of how corporate deals are structured, the processes involved and be comfortable dealing with business owners and internal CF specialists. Whilst not essential, some initial finance experience working within an Accountancy Practice or CF Boutique would be of benefit.
On offer is a salary to £25/26,000 + study (for ACA/ACCA), 20 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare scheme. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile