Assistant Retail Manager
A great opportunity to join our passionate Retail team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
The position will involve working 5 days over 7 on a 37.5hrs contract with a salary of £23000 working between 0700hrs & 2100hrs.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To assist the Retail Manager in running 4 Retail outlets at Peterborough City Hospital including our Spice of Life restaurant.
- Be responsible for delivering contractual terms and agreements
- Ensure brand compliance across all departments is met and adhered to including maintaining high standards.
- Manage retail and labour budgets.
- Liaise with on-site clients and management ensuring great communication at all times
- Take ownership of special dietary requirements for patients across the hospital in line with guidance from trust dieticians
- Undertake regular audits and implementing any action plans needed
- Provide regular updates on finance and performance
- Monitor and provide staff training in line with company targets
- To undertake project work as required
- Maintain stock levels across the retail area
- Manage all cash and security processes
- Manage staff rota’s and performance reviews
- Promote the brand and business across the hospital at all times and assist with the development of the department
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care
- Minimum of Level 3 food hygiene certificated
- Can use IT equipment including packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have previous catering and supervisory experience is essential
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to work
- Can demonstrate great communication skills
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.