Group Financial Accountant
Are you looking to make your first move from practice into industry and looking to work in a role which will best utilise your technical skill (but not internal audit!)
We are currently working with one Nottingham’s best retail businesses to recruit a newly created Group Financial Accountant position for their team in Nottingham. This role will suit someone moving from a leading practice, ideally with PLC audit experience. You’ll be joining a medium to large size finance function with excellent growth opportunities both in financial accounting as well as commercial finance and analysis. Due to the size of the company the role will be varied, and you’ll be partnering with a wide range of stakeholders.
The culture of the business is down to earth, friendly and hard working, there are times when it’s all hands on deck to meet deadlines but they also like to have fun and enjoy their time in the office too.
If you’re looking for a smooth transition from practice, a great team and a supportive environment this could be a great move for you.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management and delivery of group consolidated accounts
- Management of half end and year end audits
- Support the production of annual statutory accounts
- Preparation of budgeting and forecasting reports including variance analysis and investigation
- Management of stakeholder relationships across a variety of functions
- Ad-hoc project accounting and analysis requests
- Development of internal processes and procedures to drive performance and efficiency.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified