Mechanical Test Engineer
A forward thinking UK manufacturer of quality automotive safety systems and harnesses products is looking for an experience Mechanical Engineer with an ability to interpret and present data and record findings in a stand alone and interesting role. You will test and validate the company's manufactured products which are used in safety critical applications. The Test Engineer role involves co-coordinating the requirements of engineering, production and sales through the use of various systems and processes to produce test results and validation for changes, product development and new products and presenting your findings using the company's UDL reporting system.
- Improve the integrity of data capture, processing and interpretation from test events via the completion of test and validation work to agreed timing plans.
- Improve the repeat-ability and accuracy of test methods used.
- Support customer enquiries relating to testing, validation and interpretation of Standards and Regulations.
- Define and perform static and dynamic product validation testing.
- Define and perform dynamic product validation testing.
- Actively participate in teams from engineering, production, purchase and sales to resolve engineering concerns / issues.
- Minimum qualification HND / HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline (ideally mechanically orientated).
- Knowledge and experience of the use, specification and fault finding of high speed data acquisition systems.
- Knowledge and experience of various sensors used to capture high speed crash events would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Experience of test method development.
- Proven ability to deliver test results to planned dates.
- Proven ability to generate specifications for test facility and method improvement including worst case rationale for Test Authority approval.
- Proven ability to perform physical validation testing of new designs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Sound analytical skills, with the ability to identify cause and effect, evaluate alternative solutions, solve problems and link to the wider context.
- Computer literate
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm Mon-Thurs, 8.30-1pm Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.