Michael Page have been exclusively assigned to find a suitable Category Manager based in the Buckinghamshire head office. Our client is keen to find someone who is already a Category Manager or is a Category Executive stepping up into a senior level role. Our client works closely with one of the largest grocery retailers in the UK and has seen continuous growth.
Our client is a well known FMCG business that specialises in food and are based in Buckinghamshire. They work closely with suppliers to produce the best end product for their customers. The business is fast growing so offers employees potential to progress.
The Category Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Improve category performance understanding including immediate analysis of weekly/periodic sales performance
- Immediate analysis of weekly/periodic customer metrics using DunnHumby & Kantar data
- Create monthly market Reports whilst understanding external factors
- Drive category growth based upon in-depth category and customer understanding make monthly & quarterly recommendations to help drive performance, areas of focus include promotions and pricing.
- Lead Supplier/ category partner with weekly conference calls and quarterly cross supplier meetings delivering best in class action oriented insight
The ideal Category Manager will have have strong analytical and numerical skills to derive insight from complex data sources and work effectively with numeric data sets and spreadsheets. Attention to detail and creativity skills to deliver new ways of working. Use of data sources such as Nielsen, IRI, etc is useful.
The basis salary on offer is competitive and also includes a company car.