Practice Accountant, TaxAssist Preston
TaxAssist Accountants, Preston
Our fast-growing practice, focused mostly on small businesses in a small busy and informal practice, with a variety of customers based in the local area are now seeking an accountant with a minimum of 2 years’ small practice experience. The successful candidate must have the proven expertise and capability to quickly settle in and deliver high quality tax, accountancy and VAT services efficiently and with the personal touch that our small business clients expect and deserve. We have a really inclusive culture with great team ethic and fantastic working environment.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for your own portfolio of SME clients you will be directly involved in all of the following;
- Preparation of limited company, sole trader and partnership accounts. You must, on occasions, be willing and able to work from incomplete source records and take this to trial balance before finalising the accounts.
- Preparation of corporation and personal tax returns and computations.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Dealing directly with clients to resolve all queries prior to finalisation of work. Also, dealing with their ad-hoc queries in a clear and timely manner.
- Provide ad-hoc tax advice to clients.
- Confident in the use of a variety of cloud based bookkeeping / accounting systems.
- Supervision (including their development) and review of the work of junior team members e.g. bookkeeper.
- You must already possess the skills and recent experience to deliver all of the above professionally and competently.
- ACCA / ACA fully qualified with minimum 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Organisation skills that will enable you to prioritise work and work efficiently in order to meet target dates and filing deadlines.
- Strong IT skills - although training will be given on our in-house Accounts Production and Tax software a working knowledge of CCH would be an advantage.
- Personality, with the ability to develop excellent client and colleague relationships.
- Excellent all-round communication skills.
- Drive and ambition to deliver excellent client service.
Working with us;
- Salary - commensurate with your experience and capability.
- We are part of the largest network of accountants working exclusively with small businesses and taxpayers in the UK. Along with the rest of the network our practice in Preston and continues to grow. This role is an excellent opportunity to join the network and experience the benefits of a large organisation that can offer and deliver relevant training, CPD and long term career prospects, whilst working within a local office.
In the first instance please send your CV with a covering letter to:
David Nayar, Practice Owner