PR Account Manager - Flexible hours available
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a genuine desire to join a dynamic, well-respected and highly motivated team.
The account manager will play a hands-on role across all of his/her client accounts and nurture direct relationships with client contacts. Excellent training opportunities are provided and they actively encourage their team to attend industry events and conferences to build their market knowledge and expertise.
In addition to client work, employees will also grow their careers thanks to tailored personal development which provides the chance to improve skills and support the expansion of the business.
Salary and benefits
- Salary £28-35k negotiable depending on experience
- Company mobile phone issued to all account handlers after six months
- 20 days holiday plus 4 extra days at Christmas
- Bonus paid for the introduction of new clients to the company
- Cycle to Work scheme after completion of probationary period
- Appraisals every six months
- Generous company contribution to a personal pension scheme
- Individual personal development plan set up and encouragement to attend both internal and external training courses
- Company socials held regularly, including parties in the summer and at Christmas
- Main day-to-day contact for all clients. Responsible for ensuring that the PR tactics agreed in the PR plan are delivered and on schedule
- Effective team management, working closely with account executives to ensure delivery of high quality work
- In-depth journalist knowledge and contacts and the ability to understand what makes a good story and what tactics can be best used to get outstanding coverage for clients
- Writing a variety of copy, from press releases and case studies, to blog posts, white papers and market reports
- Active involvement in social networks on behalf of clients and the agency
- Account development - spotting growth opportunities
- Knowledge building to ensure continuous ideas generation and creative approach to client PR campaigns
- Active involvement in new business presentations
- Minimum three years’ experience in B2B PR, preferably with an agency background, technology and business experience helpful
- Minimum of six months’ experience in the Account Manager role
- Experience of working across multiple clients and juggling workloads
- Excellent client handling skills
- Strong media contacts with proven abilities to build relationships in new market sectors
- Team working and communication abilities essential, with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Active in social networking sphere
- A willingness to get involved in wider company initiatives such as the blog, networking and marketing
- Keen to develop new ideas and practices
- Understanding/interest of digital marketing and SEO
This CIPR award-winning agency operates at the cutting edge of campaigns across a range of sectors.
The team of 17 consultants blends creative flair, market experience and PR know-how to deliver effective, memorable results for clients in the UK, and, more broadly across EMEA and into the US as well. They’re also evolving with the new digital and social media landscape to deliver exciting, integrated campaigns across new media channels.
Located in a fantastic environment and able to offer a great work-life balance for its employees, this company encourages a motivated workforce, empowered to enjoy and grow in their careers whilst generating impressive results for its clients.