Service Delivery Manager
The role Highways England is currently looking to recruit for a Service Delivery Manager on a permanent basis . The role will be based in Bedford, to manage and ensure Highways England has the appropriate infrastructure in place to deliver the severe weather service, including depot and fleet management. Also to ensure network occupancy by the service provider and others is optimised to limit its impact on customers and stakeholders
Day to day
- Develop work plans and resources in line with the Delivery Plan outcomes, budgets, service levels and KPI`s and to manage delivery to agreed plans
- Manage supplier performance with the plans, taking appropriate actions to address issues
- Develop and implement depot strategy across the region Management of all depots in Areas 6 and 8 including HE stock, material, equipment and fleet
- Severe weather management and contingency planning Network Occupancy Management including monitoring of all incidents and events Collaborative working with Service Provider
- Work with and support colleagues on discreet pieces of work in maintaining the road network
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with contractors, internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of working with in highways maintenance or civil engineering
- Ability to deliver work accurately on time and within budget Understanding of industry best practice in a service delivery
- Innovative- Managing and implementing better ways working
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You`re also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We`re expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you. For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk